IPS SATWIPES® with PF SOLVENT
For the preparation of surfaces before bonding and painting and the removal of excess sealant squeeze-out.
PF SOLVENT is a high flash point solvent cleaner and degreaser for cable cleaning prior to cable jointing, maintenance of cables, switchgear, network equipment and electrical equipment cleaning and degreasing. Removes greases, jelly, oils, soils, tar and bitumen residues. Suitable for use on high voltage (HV), medium voltage (MV) and low voltage (LV) applications and leaves no residue after complete evaporation. Designed to IEEE Recommendations. Ideal replacement to traditional, fast evaporating solvents such as Trichloroethane.
The system of pre-saturated wipes provides economic, environmental and safety advantages for users compared to the method of using loose solvent with cloths. It helps to:
- Standardise cleaning and preparation operations,
- Improve quality and production line performance,
- Lower the quantity of product used,
- Reduce waste: for the same surface, the volume of wipes used is 5 to 10 times less than the volume of traditional cloths,
- Reduce VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) by 65% to 100% as targeted by the European Legislation
- Improve users’ safety:
- Drastically reduces the quantity of solvent released in the atmosphere
- No risk of accidental spillage of drums full of flammable liquids (fire hazard)
- Pre-saturated wipes are easy to use, handle and store compared to cloths and solvent drums.
IPS SatWipes® meet the following aerospace requirements:
- Aerospace Material Specification AMS 3819B, Class 2, Grade A
- Boeing Material Specification BMS 15-5G, Class A
- Production partner is AS9100C certified