IPS™ SATWIPES® for Cable Cleaning
For the preparation of surfaces before bonding and painting and the removal of excess sealant squeeze-out.
PF SOLVENT is a high flash point solvent cleaner and degreaser for cable cleaning prior to cable jointing, maintenance of cables, switchgear, network equipment and electrical equipment cleaning and degreasing. Removes greases, jelly, oils, soils, tar and bitumen residues. Suitable for use on high voltage (HV), medium voltage (MV) and low voltage (LV) applications and leaves no residue after complete evaporation. Designed to IEEE Recommendations. Ideal replacement to traditional, fast evaporating solvents such as Trichloroethane.
The system of pre-saturated wipes provides economic, environmental and safety advantages for users compared to the method of using loose solvent with cloths. It helps to:
- Standardise cleaning and preparation operations,
- Improve quality and production line performance,
- Lower the quantity of product used,
- Reduce waste: for the same surface, the volume of wipes used is 5 to 10 times less than the volume of traditional cloths,
- Reduce VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) by 65% to 100% as targeted by the European Legislation
- Improve users’ safety:
- Drastically reduces the quantity of solvent released in the atmosphere
- No risk of accidental spillage of drums full of flammable liquids (fire hazard)
- Pre-saturated wipes are easy to use, handle and store compared to cloths and solvent drums.
IPS™ SatWipes® meet the following aerospace requirements:
- Aerospace Material Specification AMS 3819B, Class 2, Grade A
- Boeing Material Specification BMS 15-5G, Class A
- Production partner is AS9100C certified
Number of rolls per box: 4
Boxes per carton: 12
Cartons per pallet: 64
Links & Downloads
Product number: 7014HA
- Available with re-usable center-pull canister which eases use in workshops and increases wipe efficiency.
- Large range of presaturation solutions such as Ethanol. Depending on how wipes are to be used. For any other solvent-based or water-based saturation solution, please contact us.